Overcoming Doubtful Mindset! 2
“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, But his heart is not with you.” Proverbs 23:7
Many Christians don’t think of their mind as a “resource,” but if you can examine it for a moment, you will realize that it is true. Your mind is an asset that must be engaged through the help of the Holy Spirit for just about everything you do. We cannot do without intelligence, imagination, and creativity.
Look at it in this way, is it possible to survive without memory, intuition, or ability to reason? You rely basically on these mental faculties every day of your life. To gain mental clarity, you must learn to meditate both on God’s Word and thoughts that flow through your mind.
Through meditation, mental stillness is quickly achieved to empower you for the quality of being and learn how to concentrate. There are different sources of mentality, which usually is a determinant of how we think, and this could be categorized broadly into a natural or spiritual source of mentality.
Natural source of mentality!
1. Your background and upbringing can affect your mindset because you are clung to what you are nurtured with.
2. In most cases, the environment informs our mindset.
3. The knowledge acquired from training/education can build your mind.
The spiritual source of mentality!
1. God’s Word, which is the Truth. When you know the Truth, it will set you free from every negative mindset, ideas, and opinions about life.
2. The spirit of God – The Holy Spirit
3. Faith – You must exercise your faith; if you must possess an overcoming doubtful mindset.
James 1:8 says, “A double-minded or a doubtful person is unstable in all his ways.”
1. Dear Lord, in your mercy, give me the right, positive, and overcoming doubtful mindset in Jesus’ name.
2. Oh! Lord, guard my heart against every evil mindset that has been trying to destroy my soul.