THE COMMON MISTAKE!
“And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Deuteronomy 11:19.
We Christians come together to pray in church, come together to listen to the word of God by the preacher, fast once in a while, as led by the holy spirit. However, the mistake we need to correct is trying to apply this method of worshiping God to teach our children.
The way children learn is far different from the adult learning style. Children learn from images, poems, and also real-life situations. That is why if children have not fallen into mistakes and errors, they won’t cherish the lesson, they are being taught by their parents and also their spiritual and academic teachers.
Today’s Bibles verse gives us an active principle to follow if applied with discipline; let’s look into each of them:
• Talking to them when you are sitting in your house; by letting them see you put it into the action of what you are teaching them.
• And when you are walking by the way, whenever you are going to places also or whenever you are on a journey.
• When you lie down, that is when you want to sleep at night, ask them about their day and let them know you love them and Jesus love them the more.
• When you rise, when you wake up from sleep, teach them the way they should go and teach them to depend on God whatever circumstances they found themselves.
As you do this as a teacher, as a parent, as a guardian. The blessings of peace and long life awaits you at your old age.
1. Thank you, Lord, for your strength at all times and for helping us to train our children
2. Father, let our days be multiplied on this earth as we teach our children in the right way to go