THE LATTER HELP OF THE ENEMY!
“Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.” Psalm 20:7
Let me start with some rhetorical question:
• Are you a follower of Christ that has been serving God for years, or you just start?
• Are you a follower of Christ that can pray for more extended hours or day, or you find it hard to pray?
• Are you a follower of Christ that has the faith to move a mountain, or your faith is dead?
• Are you a follower of Christ that is believing God for who he is or because of what you want from him?
• Are you a follower of Christ that studies the word, hears the word, and also lives the word, or you find it hard to create time for study, not talk of keeping the word?
• Are you a follower of Christ going through any challenge, or you are free from having challenges and setbacks?
Whichever category you fall into, let me announce this to you that the enemy will offer you a latter help in time of trouble that will make you forget that God the father is your refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalms:46:1).
Looking at the life of these men and kings in the bible, for instance, king Nebuchadnezzar and the three Hebrew friends that were thrown into the fiery furnace (Daniel 3:15). King Hezekiah, who was scared of king Sennacherib because of his threat to break down the walls of Judah (2kings 18:13-18). Apostle Paul who was told of the evil that will befall him before his embarking on any missionary journey, and yet he would still set out for the journey (Acts 20:23.
These men were given the last opportunity to deny God, but they passed the test through the fear of God in their hearts and their faith in him. My fellow believers of Christ, I pray that the grace of God that will make you focus on Jesus in the time of need shall be available to you in the name of Jesus.