WHAT CAN WE CALL WORSHIP?
“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” John 4:23
Today’s memory verse continues in verse 24 that “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” When God calls us to worship him, it is like a king seeking a rebel to worship him when countless creatures in the palace worship him. Yet God’s ways are not our ways.
What we can call worship is what God seeks from us in the following forms:
1. Sincere worship: that births out intimacy and growth.
2. Consistent worship: praising him with our lifestyle and in our Christian practices.
3. Intelligent worship: confessing your love, confessing your faith, and giving reference to God for divine attributes.
God seeks from us the peoples’ true worship, the heart most felt worship of his beloved children, that His desires. We need to lay our fears aside and worship him in the beauty of his holiness. To worship God is not an optional instruction; instead, it is a command; “thou shall worship the Lord and him alone shall thou serve” Luke 4:8.
When we call to worship, we need to know the one we worship (John 4:22). We need to understand that the worship of God can take place anywhere. And to know that worship is when we develop a concept of God based on his word’s truth and declaring the awesomeness of his majesty. Psalm 95:6 says, “Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!”
1. Oh Lord, help me to worship you in all circumstances.
2. Father, I render solemn worship to you from the depth of my heart, I declare the awesomeness of your majesty in Jesus name. Amen